Assistance and support services of the Austrian Armed Forces for the border management
Today, the Austrian Court of Audit (ACA) presented the report "Assistance and Support Services of the Austrian Armed Forces for the Border Management" (in German).
From December 2017 to June 2018, it carried out an audit at the Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Defence on the security police assistance deployment and the support services of the Austrian Armed Forces for the border management since 2015. The audit aimed at assessing the legal bases as well as the management, the costs, benefits and impacts of the assistance and support services. The audited period spanned in particular the years from 2015 through 2017.
- The Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Ministry of Defence should carry out a holistic, comprehensive evaluation of the impacts and benefits of the assistance deployment for the border management compared to the deployed resources. If need be, the type and extent of the assistance deployment should be adapted.
- In any case, the ministries should limit the period of security police assistance deployments of the Austrian Armed Forces.
- The ministries should plausibly justify the indispensable necessity of a security police assistance deployment of the Austrian Armed Forces or of a possible extension.
- As regards the holistic, comprehensive evaluation of the assistance deployment, the ministries should also take into account the implications of the deployment on the military training and on the deployment of soldiers abroad.
- The Federal Ministry of Defence should carry out an evaluation of the support services.
- The Federal Ministry of the Interior should take further organizational measures in order to replace the Austrian Armed Forces with its own personnel as regards the assistance deployment for the border control.
- pdf Datei:
- 1,282.4 KB
- 93 Seiten