ACA announces recipients of donations
Transcript: Transfer of donations
In December 2019, the ACA invited citizens to submit proposals as to which institutions shall receive funds from impermissible donations to political parties totalling EUR 10,000. The ACA received more than 950 proposals. The high rate of participation prompted the ACA to distribute the donations to five organizations instead of two as announced initially. The recipients of the donations were determined per lot.
The following institutions will receive EUR 2,000 each:
- Kinderhilfswerk: aims to improve the living conditions of socially disadvantaged children with a focus on the protection against neglect and abuse. It provides advice and therapy and has outreach centres in the cities of Vienna and Linz.
- Rainman´s Home: provides support for children with autism, e.g. via day care facilities with care workers.
- Tyrolen Cancer Research Institute: cancer research in the city of Innsbruck with direct application in clinics and hospitals.
- Association Contrast: early support for blind and visually impaired children and visually impaired children with multiple disabilities.
- Association of Autonomous Austrian Women's Shelters: a network of autonomous women’s shelters in Austria, which also operates a women’s helpline against domestic violence.
Transcript of the video on the transfer of donations